United nations internship 2017 – United nations University – United nations Employment 2017 – United nations internship programme
Have you applied for:http://gistmill.com.ng/mtn-recruitment-mtn-nigeria/
United nations University
United nations University (UNU) , is established in 1973, it been authorized by United Nations general assembly to grant degree in various discipline. Apply for the united nations junior internship programme. The rector office of the United nations University office is recruiting qualified applicants from various countries to work as Junior fellows at the United nation University (UNU) headquarters in Tokyo. The application is competitive, and the application is twice per year. Interested Graduate students are advised to apply.
United nations internship 2017
The principles of the United nations Internship 2017 Programme for junior fellows at the Office of the UN Rector are centered on creating a rewarding ,dynamic, challenging and rewarding experience for graduate students and young aspirants. contribution will be made by Successful candidates to Office of the Rector, for both united nations university and the UN system . This internship programme will help in developing new skills and knowledge.
United nations internship programme
This programme is placing much emphasis on the guidance and training that will form the basic foundation of a helpful and successful internship programme. In this programme there will be with one-week at the opening section designed to get to know the junior fellow with United nations university, co-wokers ,facilities and the processes of working within the Rector Office. Those seeking career in the UN will benefit from the knowledge and practical. Contributing to ways to UNU’s mission- the Junior fellows at the Office of the Rector can gain valuable work experience.
The purpose of the Internship Programme for the Junior fellows at the Office of the Rector is to:
- promote and dialogue interaction between professionals and scholars and UNU
- Get to know the junior fellows with the work and activities of the Office of the Rector of UNU
- provide opportunities for young professionals to gain more in-dept and ec in-depth, hands-on experience in a UN agency;
- Expose young professionals and scholars
- provide support
Working Conditions : Junior fellows are selected twice per year, the first is once in the Month of May-June for the fall term and once in the month of September-October for spring.
.The fall term commences in mid-August and lasts till mid-December. Starting 2016, the spring term will run from mid-January to the end of June. You can visit HERE for more info.
During the working hours Junior Fellows will work full time at the hours of the University 9:30-17:30, Monday -Friday. There will be off during the holidays and weekends. Junior fellows are also entitle to 1 day leave per month.
Candidates in this United nations internship programme will be give the opportunity to engage in a quite number of ongoing initiatives, that will provide unique window University working processes.
Criteria for applying for the United nations internship 2017
Before you apply for the programme here are some qualifications that are expected
- is either you are currently pursuing or you have completed postgraduate studies (master’s or doctoral), preferably in a field close to University’s work;
- under 32 years
- 5 years of work experience related field;
- can speak English fluently
- Good and excellent research, writing and analytical skills;
- can sustain effective working relations with other people from different backgrounds;
- Ability to demonstrate resourcefulness and problem-solving creativity ;
- computer literate/advanced computer skills:
- interested in the work of the UN and most especially, in the work of the United Nations University.